To realise our ambitions, we apply a consistent strategy that is in balance with the risks we face. The outcome is a financially healthy company. We strive for wide support of our strategy in our company by all parties involved. We assume our social responsibility in the chain in which we carry out our activities. We also strive to reduce CO2 emissions, both in our own business operations and in the production and supply chain.
What did we aim to achieve in 2012?
This year, we shared our new strategy with our employees. For the strategy to be successful, it is of the utmost importance that our employees share our vision of the future. Connecting leadership is a key concept in this respect, which we wanted to introduce to our management in different ways. We also created involvement through a modern form of participation.
In our supply chain, we also seek cooperation to improve sustainability. Our objective was that 50% of our purchases (excluding energy) would be purchased from sustainable suppliers. With a result of more than 54%, we have definitely achieved this objective.
The basis for continuity of our company is a good balance between risk and return, which is reflected in our stable credit rating (A-) and the return on capital employed amounting to 5.4% in 2012.
What have we achieved?
- Introduction of a new leadership style that is suitable for the energy company, now and in the future.
- With a score of 7.5, we amply met our target with respect to employee motivation (target 2012: 7.2, realisation 2011: 7.1)..
- In 2012, 54.5% of the expenditures of energy company Eneco were purchased from sustainable suppliers.
- Further reduction of the CO2 footprint of our own business operations.
- Credit rating maintained at A- (target 2012 and realisation 2011: A-).
- ROACE 4.1% (excluding amortisation on electricity related property, plant and equipment: 5.1%); target 2012 (5,4%) not met (realisation 2011: 5.0)..